SMALL BUSINESS DIGITAL STRATEGY – 3 REASONS YOU NEED ONE!
- Going online is no longer an option but, essential to business survival
- More leads are coming from digital sources than traditional media
- Your competition is online and if you aren’t there you will be left behind
If you are a startup founder looking to implement a digital strategy and find new customers … We can help!
If you are a small business owner looking to implement a digital strategy or evaluate your current digital strategy … We can help!.
FIVE STEPS TO IMPLEMENT A SMALL BUISNESS DIGiTAL STRATEGY
- Have a clear understanding of your business objectives
- Take inventory of your existing digital assets (Systems, Website, and Content Creation)
- Conduct a gap analysis to determine where you are now and where you want to be
- Align your business objectives, digital strategy and content delivery
- Implement digital systems and processes to manage, measure and deliver business results
“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” Sun Tzu
What is a small business Digital Strategy?
A small business digital strategy is a plan to move your business online and take advantage of new technology. Digital technology enables online lead generation, ecommerce and software to manage your business more efficiently. Most B2B demand is now moving online and if you are not there your business will be losing out. The COVID crisis has accelerated the need to go online. If you aren’t online yet, now is a good time to make the transition.
“The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is now.” – Ancient Proverb
Having a Facebook or Twitter social media account and posting updates is NOT a digital strategy! Many business think that getting a social media account is a digital strategy, it isn’t! Social media is a tactical tool to help deliver a digital strategy. Too many companies focus on tactics like posting to social media rather than adopting a coherent small business digital strategy to maximize return on their online presence.
A coherent small business digital strategy starts with a content strategy. A content strategy includes using digital assets like a website, blog and social media to deliver valuable content to your audience. The purpose of providing quality content is to encourage engagement with you customers. If you focus on delivering content that provides value to your customers they will be attracted to your business and want to connect.
If your content strategy is working you will be generating leads. The second part of a digital strategy is how you implement inbound sales work flows. The cornerstone of any effective inbound sales process is your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and processes. CRMs allow you to effectively manage your incoming leads so you can convert them into sales..
a small business digital strategy will include
- Business objectives,
- Digital strategy,
- Content strategy,
- Digital marketing to deliver content to your audience,
- An inbound sales process to manage incoming leads,
- Systems to manage digital marketing and inbound sales processes,
- A dashboard and metrics to measure results.
interested in learning more?